General policy for the protection of personal data
This document describes the general data protection policy for Egis Operation South Africa.
Privacy laws in all the countries in which Egis operates, require that the company:
- safeguards personal information;
- uses personal information appropriately; and
- retains such only where necessary and only transfers personal information under limited circumstances.
All transactions on your personal data are carried out in compliance with the regulations in force and in particular, South Africa’s Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) and the Protection of Personal Information Act. (POPIA).
PAIA is structured to allow for the application of section 32 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa. The purpose of this legislation is to promote transparency, accountability and governance both in the private and public sectors. To access the full act, please click below :
The purpose of the POPI act is to protect personal information, to strike a balance between the right to privacy and the need for the free flow of, and access to information, and to regulate how personal information is processed. To access the full act, please click below:
Egis, as the controller, respects the following principles:
- your personal data are only used for explicit, legitimate and determined purposes related to our various professions,
- only the personal data that is useful to us are collected,
- we do not store your personal data beyond the time required for the transactions for which they were collected, or those prescribed by the regulations,
- we communicate your personal data only to intermediaries, Egis Group companies, partners, service providers or authorized professional bodies that need it in the course of our activities,
- we inform you, in a clear and transparent way, in particular about the purpose of use of your personal data, the optional or mandatory nature of your answers in the forms and your data protection rights.
Who collects your personal data (identity of the data controller)?
Unless otherwise stipulated, the data controller is specified in the form for Personal Data gathering.
Personal data gathering
The concept of "Personal Data" means any information relating to a natural person identified or who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identification number or to one or more elements that are specific to him/her.
When one of the Egis Group companies collects your personal data, this collection is carried out in a fair and transparent manner thanks to the presence of information or reference to this Policy. Each form will specify the personal data that may be collected and processed by one of the Egis Group companies for the purposes stated.
Personal data may be collected without this list being exhaustive:
Via forms which may be published on Egis’ website, e.g.:
- subscription to our newsletters,
- registration to our press releases,
- send mail via our contact forms,
- CV information via the recruitment form,
Via the collection of personal data during the establishment of a contract or service, or during its execution and management of associated services, customer satisfaction survey, etc.
Whatever the support of the collection, the compulsory nature of the answers is indicated in the forms. If you do not wish to provide such information, you may not be able to access certain services or features. Other information is intended to know you better and is therefore optional. When collecting personal data, you will be solely responsible for the legal consequences that result from any misrepresentation or omissions on your part.
Using your data
Your personal data are only used for the purposes specified on the input forms. Egis undertakes to process only personal data which are adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are collected for. Egis is legally obliged to verify that your personal data are accurate, complete and, if necessary, updated. We may ask you to check it or to complete your file.
Recipients and Subcontracting
Your personal data will only be communicated to authorized Egis personnel. Egis may use subcontractors (any company or legal entity who process personal data following the Data Controller directives) for the processing of all or part of the personal data to the extent necessary to the fulfillment of their services.
Egis undertakes not to sell, rent or transfer your personal data to third parties without your consent.
The Egis Group may be required to transmit your personal data without your prior consent in order to comply with a legal requirement, regulatory or request for the provision of personal data by an authorized third party.
Egis has a policy and governance dedicated to the protection of personal data.
Egis undertakes to implement the technical and organizational rules likely to provide reasonable assurance that the personal data it processes are protected in an appropriate manner, in particular with regard to risks and impacts on privacy, and this in accordance with the applicable law. These measures ensure that your personal data will not be damaged, erased, or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
THE DURATION OF THE CONSERVATION
Egis processes and stores personal data in a secure environment for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected for. The retention period is specified in the collection form and in the special conditions for use of the forms concerned.
You have rights:
- to access your personal data,
- to ask for their rectification in case of error or to complete them,
- to ask for their erasure,
- to request the limitation of their processing,
- to ask for their portability,
- to oppose their processing, and
- to define guidelines for the fate of your data after your death.
To exercise your rights, please refer to the "Contact" section below by enclosing with your request a copy of a valid identity document (identity card or passport).
You are required to comply with the provisions of the law relating to computers, files and freedoms, of which may be punished as a criminal offence by law.
In particular, you must refrain from any collection, processing, misuse and, in general, any act likely to infringe privacy of personal data or reputation of the individual(s).
For your perfect information, some cookies are essential to the use of the site, others allow to optimize and personalize the displayed contents. The cookies are dropped by Egis or by third parties.
If you have not set your browser to accept this file type, you will not have access to all the features of our website.
Our website may use the 4 categories of cookies below which purposes are described below:
Statistical cookies and audience measurement (Google Analytics, AddThis)
They optimize the site, solve bugs, improve the quality of our services, and measure the audience. The data collected anonymously by this type of cookie are:
- where a user comes from (search engine, search keywords, link);
- the number of visits of each user, and the date of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit;
- how long the user stays on the Site (when a visit starts and when it ends);
- the pages you visit and the information you search for or download, including, but not limited to, location data, weblogs, and other communication data;
- information about your computer (including your IP address), your connections, your operating system, your browser.
The use of these cookies does not allow the identification of people. When this information concerns you or is likely to identify you, we will treat it as personal data. Personal data collected is therefore not cross-checked with other data processing of personal data.
> Advertising cookies
With the agreement of Egis, this type of cookie known as "third party cookie", is dropped by the servers of the domains of the Egis partners (advertising agencies or commercial partners). These cookies allow:
- display personalized advertisements based on the user's profile,
- limit the number of appearances of each advertisement,
- evaluate the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
For these third-party cookies, they are dropped by external companies under their responsibility.
> Authentication cookies
They are installed once you log in to your account. The next time you log in, it identifies you as an existing user, avoiding the need to enter your username to log in. We use these cookies to recognize you and thus show you the right information and personalize your use.
> Preferences cookies
They allow us to help your browser to remember your, such as:
- your language preference,
- your communication preferences, etc.
By using our website, and checking the "Ok, I understand" box, you agree that cookies as described above may be dropped on your computer / smartphone / tablet in accordance with this document (checkbox for some cookies).
The date of expiration of these cookies is one year maximum from their first insertion.
If you prefer not to receive these cookies, you can at any time choose to disable them by changing the settings of your browser. You can accept or reject them on a case-by-case basis or refuse them once and for all. We draw your attention to the fact that limiting their use may lead to degradation of navigation on Egis Group websites (some features may no longer work).
The configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to change your wishes for cookies.
UPDATE AND MODIFICATION OF THE POLICY
This Policy may be modified, completed or updated to comply with any legislative, regulatory, jurisprudential or technical changes.
Our goal is to provide you with our Policy and to regularly notify you of any changes to this Policy, so that you are always fully informed of how we protect your personal information.
Or in writing at the following postal address:
Egis Operation South Africa
PO Box 785553